Monday, November 9, 2009

Can we add 4 more hours to the day? Daylight time would be nice.

I just can't seem to get anything accomplished!  My house is a wreck and there are still 2 stalls in the barn that need cleaned badly!  I am facing some real challenges managing my time with a 5 month old.  She is pretty spoiled and requires a lot of my time and attention.  But at the end of the day I feel so guilty that things aren't perfect, or even close to perfect after I have spent the entire day at home.  Where does my time go!  I get up around 5:30 or 6:00 every morning and get everyone up and off to work/school.  Then baby wakes and I feed her and get her back to napping by around 7:30 or 8:00.  From there I spend time on the net, reading blogs, working on projects and posting to my blog.  That usually takes about 2 hours.  Next I get Reese up and head to the barn to feed.  I am usually back home by 11:00.  From there Reese is usually asleep again by noon.  I try so hard to not disturb her, she is a light sleeper, that there are certain chores I can't do such as run the sweeper and anything in my bedroom or bathroom (oh yeah she is still sleeping in the pack n play in our room.  I just can't move her to her room yet.  It is on the other end of the house.)  At this point I have a couple hours to do house work and then back to the barn.  What suggestions do you guys have for managing my time????  Evening is probably my busiest time, riding, cooking, homework and at anytime that I can get someone to play with her I am scrambling to clean in the kitchen and do some of the nosier chores.  HELP!  Suggestions needed.

2 comments:

  1. OH boy!!! I'm not sure what you can do differently!! It seems as though your schedule is jam packed! I think the best you can do is taking advantage of nap time and when someone is there to help while you do other things that need to be done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing I could suggest would be something that creates a white noise so that normal everyday activities do not disturb her. There are different products on the market available any where electronics are sold. (I guess you could try my all-time faaavorite place-Wal-Mart, have not looked there). I resorted to that when my oldest daughter was born. I am a light sleeper and every sniff or cough woke me up. I still use it twenty-six years later. Even a humidifier or vaporizer would work.

    ReplyDelete