Monday, November 30, 2009

A Great One Lost

Last week was such a busy week for me, as I am sure it was for everyone. Two Thanksgiving dinners to attend, had to decline a 3rd.  Friday we visited with friends in from out of state. Saturday we rode all day and I gave a lesson, Sunday barn chores and a sick baby.  I am still trying to recover from literally NO sleep all night.

But that is nothing compared to the loss my friend experienced last week when her great horse Go For Tears former AQHA World Champion barrel horse had to be put to sleep.  Sue, as he was affectionately referred to, had been batlling illness for a month and she made the tough decision to end his pain and suffering.  He was such a fighter and so tough right to the last moment.  Sue had an almost human personality.  He won too many awards to mention.  I loved watching my daughter hop on him bareback and ride when we would visit Jennifer.  Sue will be GREATLY missed.
                                Jennifer and Go For Tears at the Houston Livestock Show Rodeo

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your friends loss of her beloved Sue!! That has to be the most difficult decision one has to make. My thoughts are with the family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is horrible!! I am so sorry for your friends loss...I know that was a heck of a hard decision for her to make...Albeit the right one..

    ReplyDelete